- The Group is successfully expanding its revenue in the healthcare field. In addition to medical systems, which have continued to drive growth in the diagnosis field over many years, this success is being built on the Group’s treatment endeavors through the delivery of effective pharmaceuticals as well as expansion into the area of prevention, which encompasses life sciences including cosmetics.
- Highly Functional Materials
- The highly functional materials field mainly comprises flat panel display materials as well as industrial products, electronic materials, and others.
Foreseeing the rapid growth of the LCD TV market, the Group has secured an overwhelming share in the market for protective film for polarizers by selectively concentrating capital investments. Revenue in this field has registered outstanding growth, expanding around 80% from a decade ago.
- Document Solutions
- The Group’s activities in the document solutions field are essentially undertaken by Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. In addition to providing highly competitive copy machines and multifunction devices, Fuji Xerox is supporting the communication efforts of customers in their bid to effectively and efficiently create value while providing solutions and services that help resolve management issues. Every effort is being made to aggressively expand this business and to increase the Group’s market share in Asia and Oceania, which continue to enjoy economic growth.
- Ensuring Steady Medical Systems Growth while Promoting the Pharmaceuticals Business as a Mainstay of the Future
- Drawing on the strength of its long-standing medical frontline experience and expertise in the healthcare field, energies are being channeled toward expanding the diagnostic imaging systems business and ensuring stable growth. Looking ahead, efforts will be directed mainly to the pharmaceuticals field in a bid to secure further growth.
In the pharmaceuticals field, the Fujifilm Group will focus on expanding the revenue of each operating company’s existing business. At the same time, the Group will effectively invest in the research and development of distinctive new drugs as a part of efforts to quickly generate earnings.
Particular attention will be paid to diseases such as cancer for which an effective treatment has yet to be found. The Fujifilm Group is endeavoring to develop pharmaceuticals that make the most of its unique qualities in a bid to resolve social issues.
- Expanding Business through New Highly Functional Materials while Securing Stable Earnings through FPD Materials
- In the flat panel display (FPD) materials field, Fujifilm aims to secure stable earnings on the back of a modest upswing in the size of TV screens as well as an expected increase in demand for small and medium-sized displays.
Meanwhile, in new business fields, Fujifilm will not only focus on touch panel peripheral materials typified by EXCLEAR but also look to enter the environmental and energy fields, which encompass such product lines as backsheets for solar cells as well as CO2 separation and ion exchange membranes. In addition to further expanding its business by developing and providing high-value-added functional materials that take into account market needs, Fujifilm will endeavor to develop products that deliver solutions to a variety of social issues, including the need to reduce CO2 emissions, while tackling problems relating to energy.
- Realizing Growth by Providing Products That Meet the Needs of the Market and Further Expanding the Services Business
- The activities of Fuji Xerox, which takes a leading role in this field, create stable earnings grounded in the office domain that includes the supply of copy machines, multifunction devices, and office printers.
In addition to this robust business base, Fuji Xerox continues its efforts to further develop the services business platform. The production services business entails delivering new services that, for example, support the enhancement of marketing performance in the digital printing market.
The global services business includes outsourcing services that undertake the printing operations of large-scale offices as well as document-related operating processes. Through these services, Fuji Xerox is aiming to secure further growth.
In the Asia–Oceania region, Fuji Xerox is accelerating its pace in strengthening its sales network. Efforts are being made to aggressively enhance sales in markets that are experiencing notable growth.
- FUJIFILM Holdings Compiles New Mid-Term CSR Plan: “Sustainable Value Plan 2016”
- Marking its 80th anniversary, the Company adopted “Value from Innovation” as its new corporate slogan. Complementing this slogan, the Sustainable Value Plan 2016 (SVP2016), which covers the three-year period from FY2015/3 to FY2017/3, was drawn up as a set of goals that provide a fresh foundation for the Group’s business management, with activities that commenced accordingly.
SVP2016 defines the environment, health, daily life, and working style as the four key areas where the Fujifilm Group can contribute to as it addresses 11 related social issues by tapping into the strengths of its innovative technologies as well as products and services.
The Company will continue to actively address environmental issues that arise as a result of its business processes; these issues have attracted the Group’s attention for many years. Efforts will also be directed toward strengthening the global CSR foundation of the Company across the entire value chain in support of its ongoing corporate activities.
The Fujifilm Group will look vigorously toward creating new value to help resolve social issues. In this manner, the Group will endeavor to contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
- Forged a robust position as a manufacturer of comprehensive photosensitive materials
- Expanded into the lens and optical equipment fields
- Diversified business operations into the medical, graphic systems, photo electronic imaging, magnetic materials, and related fields
- Commenced the development of a global network by establishing local overseas subsidiaries and offices
- Established Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd., as a joint venture between Rank Xerox Ltd. in the U.K. and entered into the copy machine business field
- Took the global lead in the research, development, and commercialization of color negative films
- Accelerated the pace of globalization by increasing the number of overseas production bases in a bid to forge a widely recognized global presence
- Pioneered efforts to digitize the photography, medical, and graphic systems fields
- Introduced a host of world-first products, including the FCR line of digital X-ray diagnostic imaging systems and digital cameras
- Implemented business structural reform in response to rapid digitization
- Converted Fuji Xerox to a consolidated subsidiary
- Transitioned to a holding company structure as FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
- Expanded into the healthcare field, including the pharmaceuticals business
The information contained in this annual report concerning business performance and results forecasts, excluding statements of objective fact, are based on management’s views in accordance with information available at the time of issue. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may materially differ from those discussed in the forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors including trends in economic conditions and markets in which the Company operates as well as fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates.
Unless otherwise specified in this annual report, the information herein is as of March 31, 2014.
Please refer to “Terms and Conditions” for details applicable to use of this website.