Business Fields of Fujifilm Group
The Fujifilm Group was established to domestically manufacture photographic/motion picture films. By utilizing photographic technologies, the Company has expanded its business field.
Fujifilm now has three business segments and operates each business globally. The imaging solutions segment offers products related to photography, and the information solutions segment offers products in such fields as medical, graphic arts, and LCD materials. The document solutions segment is operated by Fuji Xerox and offers such products as copy machines.
The Company has implemented structural reforms to slim down its business structure to meet market demand. Now, the division is focusing on promoting sales of color paper by reinforcing sales strategies of such high-value-added products as Photobook, while strengthening sales of instant camera instax mini.
To efficiently develop high-value-added digital cameras and lenses, the Electronic Imaging Division and the Optical Devices Division were integrated in 2013.
The Company has entered the medical field by succeeding to domestically manufacture X-ray films shortly after its establishment. Now, the business is operated in the three fields of medical systems, mainly offering image diagnostics; life sciences, offering functional cosmetics and supplements; and pharmaceuticals.
Entering from the graphic arts film field, the business has expanded its operations by adjusting to digitalization through computer-to-plate (CTP) plate and digital printing related products. The Company has the top market share for CTP plate.
This division offers films for LCDs by utilizing thin-film formulation/processing technologies and high-precision multilayer coating technologies, and Wide-View (WV) film can only be made by Fujifilm.
The main business is in magnetic tapes for data storage, especially ones using barium ferrite particles, developed by the Company's proprietary technologies, that can realize the world's largest capacity.
This division is conducting R&D for highly functional materials, mainly in such growth fields as touch panels and the environment/energy fields, using the Company's proprietary technologies.
The division offers lenses used in such various fields as TV camera lenses, security lenses, projector lenses, camera phone lenses, and lenses for satellites. These lenses are under the FUJINON brand and are achieving a high reputation.
Copy machines/multifunction devices and consumables for offices are provided. In addition, solution services regarding document management and mission-critical operations through software that realizes collaboration of multifunction devices with various types of operational systems and applications are offered.
Small, highly functional, and high image quality color/monochrome printers are globally provided.
Services that will support operating workflows and marketing communications are offered while on-demand printing systems for the digital printing market and continuous feed printers for clients' mission-critical operations are offered.
This division offers contracts for the continuous optimization of the document-related operating process or the whole value chain, which includes the pre- and post-procedures of the operating process. It includes service that supports the optimization of clients' overall print environment (managed print service (MPS)).
- As of June 2013, the Electronic Imaging division in the imaging solutions segment and the Optical Devices division in the information solutions segment has been integrated to Optical Device & Electronic Imaging Products division.
What Kind of Company Is Fujifilm?
- Business Fields of Fujifilm Group
- Fujifilm Group's Fundamental Technologies
- Priority Business Fields that Will Drive Further Growth
- Highly Functional Materials
- Document Solutions
- Digital Imaging
- Optical Device
- Graphic Systems
- Toward Further Growth
More about us and our IR
- Management Policies / Systems
- Performance / Financial Information
- IR Events
- Stock / Bond Information
- IR Library
- For Fujifilm Beginners
- What kind of company is Fujifilm?
- IR Pickup
- Jul. 30 Earnings Release for 1st Quarter ending June 30, 2015
- Jun. 29 Date of the beginnings of cash dividends (year-end)
- Jun. 26 The 119th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Apr. 30 Earnings Release for the FY2015 ended March 31, 2015
Earnings related materials
- Download full set
- Latest IR Documents (ZIP:12.2MB)
- Download by Document
- Fiscal Year ended March 31, 2015 Earnings Release (PDF:285KB)
- Fiscal Year ended March 31, 2015 Earnings Presentation (transcript attached) (PDF:468KB)
- Annual Report 2014 (PDF:12.1MB)