Fujifilm Holdings to establish Business Alliance in Healthcare with China Resources (Holdings), one of China's largest business conglomerates
November 21, 2016
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (President Kenji Sukeno, hereinafter: Fujifilm Holdings) has announced that on November 10th 2016 the company entered into a non-legally binding agreement with China Resources (Holdings) Company Limited (hereinafter: CRH) one of China's largest business conglomerates, to establish a comprehensive business alliance in various areas including healthcare sector.
Fujifilm Holdings's operating company FUJIFILM Corporation invested in China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Limited, a pharmaceuticals business company of CRH, for HK$ 820 million on October 28th with the scope of a comprehensive business alliance with CRH. Fujifilm group will further expand its business in the ever growing Chinese market of 1.3 billion people .
Fujifilm Holdings will pursue business opportunities with CRH in various areas including healthcare sector, which covers:
- Business development of Fujifilm's pharmaceutical products such as small molecule drugs, antibody drugs and biosimilars, regenerative medicine products and medical system products in the Chinese market
- Distribution of Fujifilm products including supplements in China through the distribution network of CRH and its subsidiaries
- Exploration of the feasibility of Traditional Chinese medicine upgrade with Fujifilm's technology and the possibility of global sales of the upgraded Traditional Chinese medicine
- Introduction of high-end medical services to China with reference to the medical service offered in Japan
As a business conglomerate, CRH operates business in healthcare as well as in many other segment including gas operations, beer manufacturing, and retail. Fujifilm Holdings will explore business opportunities with CRH in Fujifilm's business areas of healthcare and other areas including industrial materials and photo imaging.
[Signed the agreement to establish business alliance at the headquarters of Fujifilm Holdings, Japan]
Left: Dr. Fu Yuning, Chairman of CRH Right: Mr. Shigetaka Komori, Chairman and CEO of Fujifilm Holdings
Summary of China Resources (Holdings) Company Limited
|Company name||China Resources (Holdings) Company Limited|
|Chairman||Dr. Fu Yuning|
|Location||49/F, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong|
|Sales revenue||RMB 472.9 billion in 2015 (approx. USD70.4 billion (calculated at 6.72 RMB/USD))|
|Business description||The group is one of China's leading multi-industry conglomerates (power generation, real estate, consumer durables, pharmaceuticals, medical treatment, finance, cement, gas)|
Summary of China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Limited
|Company name||China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Limited|
|Chairman||Dr. Fu Yuning|
|Location||41/F, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong|
|Sales revenue||HKD 146.6 billion in 2015 (approx. USD 18.9 billion (calculated at 7.76 HKD/USD))|
|Business description||The company is involved in the manufacturing, distribution and retail of pharmaceutical products.|
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation Corporate Planning Division, Corporate Communications office :
Tel: +81-3- 6271-2000
- Other Contacts:
- FUJIFILM Corporation Healthcare Business Development Office :
Other News Releases
News releases from Fujifilm related group companies are listed below.
The information in news releases is current at the time of the release. Note that the information shown here may not be latest information (termination of production or sales, changes to specifications or pricing, organizational or contact address changes, etc.), and may be subject to change without prior notice.