Note: The article on this page is taken from Sustainability Report 2012.
Labor Environment and Social Benefit Accounting
Overview of fiscal 2011
- Expenditures made for improving working conditions and for socially beneficial activities for different stakeholders are summarized.
- Efforts are made to create a worker-friendly environment through expanding educational seminars and supporting mental healthcare programs.
- For local communities, expenditure includes donation of masks and air filters for temporary housing units built after the Great East Japan Earthquake.
In promotion of art and culture, expenditure includes Fujifilm Square as the base for preservation and communication for photographic culture, as well as photo contests.
- Volunteer activity time increased dramatically over the previous year with the Fujifilm photo cleaning project, Fuji Xerox earthquake disaster support volunteer tours, etc.
Period of coverage
Fiscal 2011 (April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012)
Scope of labor environment and social benefit accounting
69 domestic companies in the Fujifilm Group (FUJIFILM Holdings, Fujifilm and 19 Fujifilm affiliates, Fuji Xerox and 46 Fuji Xerox affiliates, and Toyama Chemical)
These accounts are prepared to allow the Fujifilm Group to keep up with its activities for improving the working environment of its employees and the amounts spent for social contributions by preparing data on these activities from an economic perspective.Accounting method
The expenditures (including investments) for the year have been added up to arrive at the figures shown. These figures do not include depreciation.
Figures for personnel training and social contributions may overlap with figures in the Environmental Account as well.
Breakdown of labor environment and social benefit accounting
|Fiscal 2010||Fiscal 2011|
|Employees||Health and safety||1,197||1,523|
|Develop a workplace in which employees can work comfortably||1,381||1,219|
|Customers||Ensure appropriate customer response and safety||459||501|
|Future generations||Education for future generations||1||0|
|Communities (local society and government)||Harmony with the local community||78||189|
|Promote culture and the arts in society (in Japan)||963||727|
|International community||Consideration for the international community and international cultures||29||50|
|NGOs and NPOs||Cooperation with NGOs and NPOs||33||25|
|Suppliers||Consideration for products||67||57|
Volunteer activities during working hours
|Fiscal 2010||Fiscal 2011|
|Hours spent on volunteer activities||1,372||10,175|
|Volunteering cost||4 million yen||41 million yen|
* Volunteer activities Calculated based on the hours spent on volunteer activities, such as area clean-up, working hours, the salary equivalent to that of those hours, and cost of the activities.