Green Policy (Environmental Policy)
Activities are underway for better “environmental quality” in all corporate activities of the Group, in compliance with our environmental policy, the Fujifilm Group Green Policy.
Fujifilm Group Green Policy
“Sustainable development” is the most important issue for our planet, the human race, and all business entities in the 21st century. The Fujifilm Group companies around the world aim to stay at the forefront of efforts to attain this goal in terms of environmental, economic, and social terms. We will strive for customer satisfaction as well as our contributions to “sustainable development” by achieving high environmental quality in products, services, and corporate activities.
- We will promote environmental burden reduction and product safety assurance with the following four items in mind:
- (1) Our efforts are pursued throughout all corporate activities.
- (2) Our efforts are pursued throughout the entire product life cycle.
- (3) We give overall consideration to economic and social implications.
- (4) Biodiversity conservation
- We will improve our management of chemical substances and the chemical content of products to reduce environmental risks.
- We will comply with legal regulations as well as Fujifilm Group regulations, standards, and requirements that are individually agreed on.
- We will strengthen partnerships with our business partners, collaborate in government and industrial activities, and actively participate in community activities.
- We will actively give full disclosure of the information regarding our involvement in and accomplishment of various environmental activities to all associated individuals, including local communities, governments, and Fujifilm Group company employees, to facilitate open communication.
- We will heighten the environmental awareness of every Fujifilm Group employee through employee education, so that we can fortify our infrastructure to face the challenges posed by environmental issues in the future.
Fujifilm FY2016 Priority Issues
|1.Contributing to resolving environmental issues through products and services
・Measures against global warming (*1)
・Water resource conservation
*1 Target: Reducing CO2 emisssions by 20 million tons by FY2020
|Develop and disseminate products and services that contribute to resolving environmental issues. (CO2 emission reduction, water issues, energy issues)
1) Quantifying Fujifilm's contribution to CO2 emissions reduction based on the Environmental Contribution Effectiveness Guidelines to convey our efforts to customers.
2) Quantifying the effects of Fujifilm's contribution to resolving water resource issues based on the Water Footprint Guidelines to convey our efforts to customers.
|2.Promoting the reduction of energy costs through measures against global warming (*2) and efficient energy use
*2 Target: By FY 2020, reduce CO2 emissions throughout the life cycle of products by 30% based on the standards set in FY 2005
|1) Continually promote CO2 emission reduction at each of the stages of product lifecycle. (procurement, manufacturing, transportation, use, disposal)
2) Conserve energy so as to contribute to resolving energy issues and promote the reduction of energy costs.
3) Draw up Fujifilm's policy on the promotion of measures against global warming from 2020 and beyond.
|3.Promoting the efficient use of resources||1) Use resource efficiently by promoting the 3Rs: Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.
2) Reduce waste. (by yield increase, reuse of manufacturing waste, conversion of waste into valuables etc.)
3) Promote the concept of Zero Waste Disposal at main production sites both inside and outside of Japan.
4) Promote the effective use of water resources. (saving water to reduce the amount of water use per unit of production)
5) Determine main products' indices per unit, and verify their validity.
|4.Ensuring product and chemical safety||1) Continue dissemination of approaches and systems to the supply chain concerning management of chemicals in products.
2) Continue to improve the systems for ensuring product compliance.
3) Implement safety management based on risk assessment of all chemical substances used.
4) Monitor, communicate, and assess product safety information thoroughly
|5.Value chain management from the view point of corporate social responsibility||1) Reinforce Ethical Sourcing investigation for suppliers.
2) Have FF and each of the group companies carry out self CSR assessment and improve their CSR performance.
|6.Environment and safety risk management||1) Maintain systems that abide by laws and regulations and adheres to voluntary management targets.
2) Improve and promote industrial safety and health.
3) Continue to control and maintain the level of VOC emissions generated from the production process.
|7.Information disclosure and communication of relevant information||1) Enhance information disclosure through various methods. (e.g., Sustainability Reports, websites)
2) Expand and enhance global management for information regarding environmental performance.
|8.Employee education||1) Educate and train employees in the areas of environment, chemicals, product safety, occupational safety, etc.
2) Continue implementing employee awareness campaigns on the need to reduce environmental burdens.
Fuji Xerox FY2015 Priority Issues
|1. Controlling global arming
*Greenhouse gas reduction target by 2020
(1) By FY2020, 30% reduction in CO2
emissions during the company's
overall lifecycle stage from the level in FY2005
(2) Reduce CO2 emissions at customers by seven million tons by FY2020
|① Contribute to help reduce CO2 emissions from customers' office and factory by providing energy saving products & solutions
② Reduce CO2 emissions by installing the new energy-efficient equipment and improving productivity in production process at
the development and production sites
③ Reduce CO2 emissions in office by reforming employees' work style
④ Reduce CO2 emissions by improving efficiency in the product logistics
|2. Preservation of natural resources||① Establish the next generation eco-friendly structural material technologies, such as biomass
② Reduction of resource input with lighter equipment
③ Curb use of new resources by recycling used parts
④ Reduction of waste output and recovery of valuable substances at production and product development sites
⑤ Reduce water usage in production and product development sites
|3. Reduction in environmental risk from
|① Reinforce measures against laws and regulations to reduce chemical substance risks from products (observing RoHS,
② Reinforce management structure to expand chemical substance management system to overseas sites
|4. Preservation of ecosystems and
|① Promote sustainable paper procurement concerning for forest ecosystems
② Participate in Japan Business Initiative for Biodiversity (JBIB)
|5. Improvement of the infrastructure for
promoting environmental targets
|① Reinforce systems to grasp environmental performance data
② Reinforce measures to respond proactively to environmental regulation