Outline of our disclosure
FUJIFILM Holdings Sustainability Report 2018 was edited with the major emphasis on our CSR activities, which have high relevance to both the Fujifilm Group and its stakeholders. Out of the three aspects generally involved in a corporation's activities, it is the areas of the environment and society that are the focus of our activities. The main article in the Report describes the progress made with Fujifilm Group's CSR Plan, Sustainable Value Plan 2030 (SVP 2030).
SVP 2030 is the Long-Term Plan announced together with the Medium-Term Management Plan VISION 2019 in August 2017. Our target year was set as 2030 to align with the Paris Agreement and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, which both set 2030 as their benchmark year. We believe that achieving our own targets will also contribute to the goals in the Paris Agreement and the SDGs.
This year's report describes our intention in creating SVP 2030 and its relationship with the overall management plan. It also covers our approaches to the priority issues, the goals of SVP 2030, and our major focuses in FY2017, the initial year of SVP 2030. Our particular focus of this year was the environment, along with setting concrete targets, and we have made a successful start on CO2 emissions reduction and water usage reduction. We hope that readers will take time to refer to the relevant articles.
We have also improved the document layout by utilizing different colors for the six main areas, including supply chain and governance, covered by SVP 2030. We have introduced a summary table of major activities for each priority issue, and clarified the activity contents and progress by using different icons. “Other CSR Activities” and “Data and Information” are also covered for completeness. The content has been organized in line with ESG, ISO 26000, and GRI standards to assist searching by CSR-related issues. To ensure that our reporting is accurate, we have again sought independent verification of our environmental and social activity data, in addition to the normal third-party opinions on some themes.
Each Fujifilm Group company, including Fujifilm and Fuji Xerox, has its own CSR website for active disclosure of information on their CSR activities. For more details of the Fujifilm Group's CSR activities, please refer to each company's official website.
Please note that Fujifilm has obtained independent assurance of the following information.
[Scope of Independent Assurance]
- Greenhouse gases emissions [Scope 1, 2 & 3 (Category 1)]
- Volumes of water intake and discharge
- Volume of waste generated
- Volume of VOC emissions
- Data on Personnel and Labor (for Fujifilm and Fuji Xerox)
- Management systems supporting the reporting process
Process of creating the report
Period covered by the report
FY2017 (April 1, 2017—March 31, 2018) is covered in the performance data. With regards to the contents of activities, wherever possible, we have conveyed the most recent trends, including activities in FY2018.
Organizations covered by the report
The Fujifilm Group (FUJIFILM Holdings, FUJIFILM Corporation and its affiliates, Fuji Xerox and its affiliates, and FUJIFILM Business Expert)
- The scope of Labor Environment, Social Benefit Accounting, Environmental Accounting, and Environmental Aspects are shown on each Data and Information.
Date of publication
- September 2018 (next report: August 2019, previous report: October 2017)
- Japan's Ministry of the Environment: Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2012 Version)
- GRI: The GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards
- Japan's Ministry of the Environment: Environmental Accounting Guidelines (2005 Version)
- ISO 26000: Social Responsibility
Supplemental information regarding reported matters
- The term “employees” refers to all employees, including managers, general employees, and part-time staff. The term “company employees” indicates employees (full-time staff). To further ensure the accuracy of the report, the terms “regular employees” and “non-regular employees” (temporary staff, part-time staff, others) have been used separately as required.
- The operating company, Fuji Xerox, issues a separate sustainability report. Please refer to that report for details on the activities of Fuji Xerox.