Green Policy (Environmental Policy)
Fujifilm Group Green Policy
“Sustainable development” is the most important issue for our planet, the human race, and all business entities in the 21st century. Through all products and services and businesses, we will strive our contributions to “sustainable development” by initiative to address climate change, promote resource circulation, ensure chemical safety, preservation for regional environment and biodiversity conservation.
- We will contribute to solving environmental issues with original and advanced technology in the product life cycle.
- We will comply with the rules established by each country and region, self-regulations of the Fujifilm Group companies, standards, individually agreed requirements.
- As a member of the supply chain and community, we will work with each stakeholder to promote activities to solve environmental issues.
- We will actively disclose information on environmental initiatives and their results to various stakeholders such as local communities, governments, shareholders and investors, NGOs and NPOs, employees of the Fujifilm Group companies, and ensure good communication.
- We strengthen the foundation to address environmental issues voluntarily by providing education to employees of each group company thoroughly to raise awareness.
Established in October 2002, Revised in April 2019
Fujifilm FY2019 Priority Issues
|1. Address climate change||1) Continually promote CO2 emission reduction at each of the stages of product lifecycle.(procurement, manufacturing, transportation, use, disposal)|
2) Develop and market products and services that will contribute to CO2 emission reduction.
3) Promote a group-wide energy strategy and activities.
- Development and establishment of energy conservation measures throughout the group
- Pursuit of energy efficiency in cogeneration system
- Explore and seize opportunities for using renewable energy.
|2. Promote recycling of resources||1) Promote efficient use of water resources.
2) Develop and market products and services that will contribute to the conservation of water resources.
3) Use resource efficiently by promoting the 3Rs (Reduce-Reuse-Recycle) in products.
4) Improve the resources used per unit of production.
5) Reduce waste and promote the concept of Zero Waste Disposal.
|3. Address energy issues toward a non-carbon society||Develop products and technologies that will contribute to conserving, storing and creating energy.|
|4. Ensure product and chemical safety||1) Evaluate and improve the administration of internal regulations concerning product safety and chemical management.
2) Continue dissemination of approaches and systems to the supply chain concerning management of chemicals in products.
3) Continue to improve the systems for regulatory compliance to support the expansion of product categories.
4) Contribute to chemical safety through the use of internal chemical library and safety evaluation.
|5. Strengthen CSR foundations across the entire supply chain||1) Ask suppliers to engage in business activities with consideration for the environment, ethics and human rights, and carry out activities for investigating and improving their implementation status.
2) Audit and improve the CSR activities at priority suppliers.
|6. Environment and safety risk management||1) Maintain systems that abide by laws and regulations and adheres to voluntary management targets.
2) Strengthen the system of occupational health and safety activities.
3) Ensure safety management based on the risk assessment of chemicals.
4) Continue to control the level of VOC emissions generated from the production process.
|7. Information disclosure and communication of relevant information||1) Enhance information disclosure through various methods. (e.g., Corporate reports, websites)
2) Enhancement of the disclosure of environmental performance information.
|8. Employee education||Educate employees in the areas of product safety, occupational safety and environmental law regulation.|
Fuji Xerox FY2019 Priority Issues
|1. Address climate change||1)Contribute to help reduce CO2 emissions from customers' office and factory by providing energy saving products, service and solutions
2) Reduce CO2 emissions by installing new energy-efficient equipment and improving productivity in production process at the development and production sites
3) Reduce CO2 emissions in office by reforming employees' work style
4) Reduce CO2 emissions by improving efficiency in product logistics
|2. Promote recycling of resources||1) Establish next generation environmentally conscious technologies
2) Reduce resource input with lighter equipment
3) Reduce the use of new resources by recycling used parts
4) Reduce waste output and promote recovery of valuable substances at production and product development sites
5) Reduce water usage in production and product development sites
|3. Ensure product and chemical safety||1) Reinforce measures against laws and regulations to reduce chemical substance risks from products (observing RoHS, REACH, etc.)
2) Expand and strengthen risk assessment method against laws and regulations
3) Promote environment and safety activities
|4. Strengthen CSR foundations across the entire supply chain||1) Promote sustainable paper procurement taking into consideration the forest ecosystems|
|5. Information disclosure and communication of relevant information||1) Stabilize the operation of the environmental performance data management system
2) Enhance information disclosure through various methods. (e.g., websites)
|6. Employee education||1) Educate employees in the areas of product safety, occupational safety and environmental law regulations.|
Development and Dissemination of Environmentally Conscious Products and Services
In the Fujifilm Group, we carry out development of environmentally conscious products based on “Rule for Design for Environment (DfE)”, considering the entire product life cycle from procurement through manufacturing, transportation, use by customer, to disposal.
Overall View of the Environmental Impact
Please find the material flow and Scope 3 Protocol of the Fujifilm Group.