Green Policy (Environmental Policy)
Activities are underway for better “environmental quality” in all corporate activities of the Group, in compliance with our environmental policy, the Fujifilm Group Green Policy.
Fujifilm Group Green Policy
“Sustainable development” is the most important issue for our planet, the human race, and all business entities in the 21st century. The Fujifilm Group companies around the world aim to stay at the forefront of efforts to attain this goal in terms of environmental, economic, and social terms. We will strive for customer satisfaction as well as our contributions to “sustainable development” by achieving high environmental quality in products, services, and corporate activities.
- We will promote environmental burden reduction and product safety assurance with the following four items in mind:
- (1) Our efforts are pursued throughout all corporate activities.
- (2) Our efforts are pursued throughout the entire product life cycle.
- (3) We give overall consideration to economic and social implications.
- (4) Biodiversity conservation
- We will improve our management of chemical substances and the chemical content of products to reduce environmental risks.
- We will comply with legal regulations as well as Fujifilm Group regulations, standards, and requirements that are individually agreed on.
- We will strengthen partnerships with our business partners, collaborate in government and industrial activities, and actively participate in community activities.
- We will actively give full disclosure of the information regarding our involvement in and accomplishment of various environmental activities to all associated individuals, including local communities, governments, and Fujifilm Group company employees, to facilitate open communication.
- We will heighten the environmental awareness of every Fujifilm Group employee through employee education, so that we can fortify our infrastructure to face the challenges posed by environmental issues in the future.
Fujifilm FY2018 Priority Issues
|1. Address climate change||1) Continually promote CO2 emission reduction at each of the stages of product lifecycle .(procurement, manufacturing, transportation, use, disposal)
2) Promote a group-wide energy strategy and activities.
3) Explore and seize opportunities for using renewable energies, and set targets for adopting such opportunities.
4) Develop and market products and services that will contribute to CO2 emission reduction.
5) Quantify, evaluate and disclose the level of CO2 emission reduction contributions made by our products and services.
|2. Promote recycling of resources||1) Promote efficient use of water resources.
2) Develop and market products and services that will contribute to the conservation of water resources.
3) Quantify, evaluate and disclose the level of water resource conservation contributions made by our products and services.
4) Use resource efficiently by promoting the 3Rs (Reduce-Reuse-Recycle) and improve the amount of resource use per unit of production.
5) Reduce waste and promote the concept of Zero Waste Disposal.
|3. Address energy issues toward a non-carbon society||1) Develop products and technologies that will contribute to conserving, storing and creating energy.|
|4. Ensure product and chemical safety||1) Evaluate and improve the administration of internal regulations concerning product safety and chemical management.
2) Continue dissemination of approaches and systems to the supply chain concerning management of chemicals in products.
3) Assess and communicate product safety information through the organization and apply safety measures across all sites.
4) Continue to improve the systems for ensuring product compliance.
5) Contribute to chemical safety through the use of internal chemical classification library and safety evaluation.
|5. Strengthen CSR foundations across the entire supply chain||1) Ask suppliers to engage in business activities with consideration for the environment, ethics and human rights, and carry out activities for investigating and improving their implementation status.|
|6. Environment and safety risk management||1) Maintain systems that abide by laws and regulations and adheres to voluntary management targets.
2) Improve and promote industrial safety and health.
3) Ensure safety management based on the risk assessment of chemicals.
4) Continue to control the level of VOC emissions generated from the production process.
|7. Information disclosure and communication of relevant information||1) Enhance information disclosure through various methods. (e.g., Corporate Reports, websites)
2) Enhancement of the disclosure of environmental performance information.
|8. Employee education||Educate employees in the areas of product safety, occupational safety and environmental law regulation.|
Fuji Xerox FY2018 Priority Issues
|1. Curbing global warming
*Greenhouse gas reduction target by 2030
By FY2030, 30% reduction in CO2 emissions throughout the company's overall lifecycle stage from the level in FY2013
|1)Contribute to help reduce CO2 emissions from customers' office and factory by providing energy saving products, service and solutions
2) Reduce CO2 emissions by installing new energy-efficient equipment and improving productivity in production process at the development and production sites
3) Reduce CO2 emissions in office by reforming employees' work style
4) Reduce CO2 emissions by improving efficiency in the product logistics
|2. Preservation of natural resources||1) Establish next generation eco-friendly technologies
2) Reduce resource input with lighter equipment
3) Reduce the use of new resources by recycling used parts
4) Reduce waste output and promote recovery of valuable substances at production and product development sites
5) Reduce water usage in production and product development sites
|3. Reduction in environmental risk from chemical substances||1) Reinforce measures against laws and regulations to reduce chemical substance risks from products (observing RoHS, REACH, etc.)
2) Expand and strengthen risk assessment method against laws and regulations
|4. Preservation of ecosystems and biodiversity||1) Promote sustainable paper procurement taking into consideration the forest ecosystems
2) Participate in Japan Business Initiative for Biodiversity (JBIB)
|5. Improvement of the infrastructure for enviroment management||1) Stabilize the operation of the system to grasp environmental performance data
2) Reinforce measures to respond proactively to environmental regulations
3) Enhance information disclosure through various methods. (e.g., websites)
Development and Dissemination of Environmentally Conscious Products and Services
In the Fujifilm Group, we carry out development of environmentally conscious products based on “Rule for Design for Environment (DfE)”, considering the entire product life cycle from procurement through manufacturing, transportation, use by customer, to disposal.
Overall View of the Environmental Impact
Please find the material flow and Scope 3 Protocol of the Fujifilm Group.